Healthy Trees for Healthy Koalas
In this lesson we look at the main threats that face koalas and the dependence that koalas have on trees for their survival. We explore why the location and density of trees impacts koala safety and movement.
Each of the topics can be explored separately, in different sessions or by different groups within one session.
- Understand the key threats to koalas.
- Understand that not all trees offer the same nutritional value to koalas.
- Explore how and why scientists map habitat for koala conservation.
- Understand the concepts of fragmentation and koala corridors.
- Understand why genetic diversity is important to saving koalas.
Living things & environment / genetic diversity
Geography & Mapping